The Band Trips Are COming! Here's your Master Post!
There are a total of 5 different music activities happening this 2023 season, and many of them are nearing completion on the plans. But you need information sooner than later.
This is the Master Post. You can use it to get to all the other posts about the individual trips and activities. Mr. Windsor will keep each activity updated on their individual post, but you can always get to them from here. Click below for the appropriate details for you and your students.
Should you have any questions about any of these excursions, please email Mr. Windsor directly. Thank you once again for all your support!
Notre Dame Collegiate Music Specialist
These Activities are for St. Cecilia String Ensemble Students
The St. Cecilia String Ensemble has never had a proper workshop trip, and it has been a very long time since NDC participated in our local festival. With this plan, we get both! We will take one day at Mount Royal University with their fantastic musicians, and a separate day altogether for the Highwood Lions Music Festival.
One Trip March 14, 2023, Festival on March 24, 2023
Ticket Required for Entry
General Admission - $5.00
Children under 6 - Free
Tickets also available at the School by cash purchase.
Doors Close at 6:45 PM
Tickets Available to Families Only until November 27
Performing Musicians will not need additional tickets. Mr. Windsor will be providing a Complimentary Ticket for each student.
What Parents Need To Know TO Prepare
- Students will need appropriate uniform clothing, see "what students need to know"
- Students are expected to participate in the entire concert from start to finish
- The Fine Arts Parents Need Your Culinary Skills. The HRCFAPA intends to sell baked goods at the concert, but need you to help out by bringing in your special Christmas Treats. Baked goods should be labelled with your family name (or the student's name) on it and the ingredients list, and brought into the school after school hours.
- Buy your tickets online at https://ndc.ticksuite.ca!
What Students Need To Know To Prepare
- You must have the proper uniform of black pants, black socks, black shoes and a white no-logo shirt (T-shirt, tank top recommended). Mr. Windsor will provide the jacket.
- You are expected to be at the school by 6:15 PM with your instrument already tuned up with the rest of the band. This probably means arriving by 6:00 PM.
- You are expected to participate in the entire concert. Remember, concerts are a major portion of your mark. The concert is expected to go to around 8:30 PM.
- Right about now is the time to check your instruments for maintenance and supplies (ie. do you have enough reeds to last you through the concert?)
- You are expected to help with clean-up. You can volunteer to help with setup after school, however everyone helps with clean-up.
Mr. Windsor is Looking Forward to
Seeing You All For THe Show!
- Breezin' Thru Theory Review Chapters
- A responding assignment (An article response for Strings musicians, listening assignments, and similar topics)
- A creating assignment (creating motifs, themes, variations or transcriptions)
- Sight-Reading Assignments (especially for Grade 9s and Senior High)
This is just a quick reminder of our plans for a recording session during class on Tuesday, October 25. We will be recording Siyahamba and As Winds Dance as audition material for the Disneyland Stages.
Students will need the following;
- A functional well-maintained instrument
- A white shirt to wear under our NDC Band Jackets
- Black pants, socks and shoes (no colour, white, or grey at all)
- A readiness to do your absolute best with a video camera recording us.
We only get one try at this, so we need to be ready to do our best. Thank you!
Joel Windsor, Notre Dame Collegiate Music Specialist
Mr. Windsor will provide you with some interesting hints, help, advice, and resources on this page.