We have quite the checklist to go through, so I'm asking that you go through this methodically.
Forms and Documents
Parent Information Night - Mandatory
- Have A. George Dearing, a local lawyer, notarize your letters of consent permitting me to take your students across the border. He is donating his time to do this, so please bring all the proper documents listed below to help him use his time wisely. (If you don't get it done this night, you'll likely have to pay $25 to visit him in his office and get it done).
- Review the finalized itinerary, including Flight Schedules and Performance Times
- Cover all issues pertaining to luggage, money, cellphones, and insurance
- Setup and Review all emergency procedures for the trip.
- Documentation proving you are the legal guardian(s). This can be a birth certificate, but may also include custody papers.
- Photo identification for all legal guardians.
- Legal guardians must be present, as must the student be.
- If you are a Foster Child, government documentation indicating your current placement
- If you are not a Canadian Citizen, your Passport and your Permanent Residency Card or other documents indicating you are legally in Canada.
Register with Travel Agent
- Go to https://worldstrides.com/register/
- Scroll down to find the "Trip ID" box, and type in 137979. Then click the orange "Get Started" button.
- Indicate if you are a student or adult. Even 18-year-old students are still "Students", only chaperones are "Adults". Fill out the remainder of the information on the form. Students, please use your @isidore.redeemer.ab.ca email addresses.
- Continue through the various terms and conditions and agree to them, and finish your registration with WorldStrides.
- Make a note of your TRAVELER ID. It will be shown to you and emailed to you.
- Go to https://mytrip.worldstrides.org/login.xml
- Click on the "Parents, Students and Adults Click Here to join MyTrip" image.
- Indicate whether you are a Student, Parent of a Student, or Adult (Other). If you are a Chaperone, choose Adult (Other).
- Indicate that you are registered to travel on a program (you did that earlier)
- Your Trip ID is 137979. Your Traveler ID was given to you when you registered (Step 5 above). Please set your username to be the same as your Christ the Redeemer Username. Also use your @isidore.redeemer.ab.ca email address and your Christ the Redeemer Password. Chaperones, choose whatever credentials you wish.
- Click the checkbox indicating the student is over 12 years of age, and enter one Parent's Name and their email address. Then click "Join MyTrip!". You're done!