Thank you for your patience!
8:30 AM - All students at the school (you may need to drive their equipment in)
- Suitcases, Sleeping Bags and Foamies go on the stage first
- All students help load music stands and percussion equipment into the bus
11:30 AM - Arrival at Pioneer Camp
- Go Through Orientation.
- Deliver our belongings to our assigned rooms
- Have our Bag Lunch
- Clean up
12:45 PM - Divide up around camp and practice List B Pieces
1:30 PM - 4 different activities, students will be told what activities they are doing during band class.
3:00 PM - Snack
3:30 PM - Second set of 4 different activities
5:00 PM - Full Band Setup and Rehearsal
6:00 PM - Supper and Cleanup
7:00 PM - Predator and Prey Game
8:00 PM - Campfire or List B Practice
9:30 PM - Snack
10:00 PM - Evening Liturgy, settle in rooms
10:30 PM - Quiet in Camp
Saturday, March 9, 2019
8:00 AM - Breakfast and Cleanup
9:00 AM - Clinic Session 1 (guest experts on our instruments)
10:30 AM - Clinic Session 2
12:00 PM - Lunch
1:00 PM - Final set of 4 different activities
2:30 PM - Snack
3:00 PM - Full Band Workshop
5:00 PM - Final Facility Cleanup, Load the Bus
6:00 PM - Departure from Pioneer Ranch Camp
- Our journey home may include a stop at Hugh Sutherland School in Carstairs to cheer on our JV Boys Basketball team at Zones. This decision will not be made until Saturday (because we won't know how far they make it in Zones until then), and a message will be sent home via email and via our Facebook Page to inform you of this decision.
- Regardless, we will stop somewhere on our way home for dinner.
10:30 PM - Expected return time if stopping in Carstairs to cheer on Basketball Game
What Students Need to Pack
- Instrument (in good working order) with extra reeds/oil/maintenance supplies
- Percussionists will need to bring all their mallets
- Music Folder
- Great Locomotive Chase
- Sound Innovations Book
- List B Piece
- Sleeping Bag (good to -4 degrees)
- ALL WINTER CLOTHES, including snow pants, toques, mittens, scarves, winter coats and boots.
- NOT OPTIONAL. Kids found not to have these clothes will not be coming on the trip, and there are no refunds at this point. They will be asked to show this at school on Friday.
- 3 changes of clothes, just in case one of those changes gets wet
- BAG LUNCH, as we will be eating a bag lunch for our first meal once we arrive at camp.
- Debit Card/Prepaid VISA/Cash for supper on Saturday night
Really looking forward to this!
See you all Friday!